Saturday, May 24, 2008

A Little Tip I Used ALL Week + More You Don't Really Need To Know

Thank you www.drjoegrillo.com/brochures.htm for sharing your image online so I could adequately describe my week.

And.. when that didn't work... I would repeat the following mantra over and oveR and ovER and oVER and OVER. God Bless Jerry Seinfeld! Hoo!


I woke up this morning feeling like I had been run over by a mac truck... oh wait... that was yesterday morning. But this morning... I opened one eye - just enough to peek and looked around at the sunlight filtering through the blinds and squinted to see the clock and thought it's SATURDAY! We made it to SATURDAY! A week ago... I was having trouble seeing the forest for the trees. The checklist for the week made me want to run screaming for cover.

I do well with multitasking. I can handle a full week at work. I can handle a full week at home. It is when the three come together to make the perfect storm that my head literally pops off. My poor husband's head had popped off long ago so together, as raw nerves, we proceeded through our week. I have to thank my colleagues at work for their tremendous ability to form a team and just GO! The event at the zoo was amazing (probably material for another post) and a fantastic kick off to good things to come for our little organization (insert big grin). The family events that seemed never-ending just happened, one after another, and my fearless partner in crime was more than willing to make last minute trips to the store, and join me in just keeping his head down focusing on the end goal - surviving the week.

For my own purposes, I have to recap in chronological list from start to end - NOT to induce a panic attack from post-tramatic stress but to celebrate. CELEBRATE! Hoo!

Sunday: Mom's birthday celebration including waterballoons and slip n slide in the backyard for our crazy kids. Yes, the temperature was 110 degrees - and the hot car makes things even MORE challenging.

Monday: What was Monday anyway? Ummmm Hmmmm gear up day I think for what was to come.

Tuesday: Twin's 5th Birthday - pizza and cupcakes at school, Build-a-Bear family excursion and... their favorite dinner... mall food court Hoo! Then hostessing at Savoy on a new shift where I botched the time... (thank god my SLfriends are forgiving)

Wednesday: Scramble for last minute details for the big event. 3 additional work meetings. Why? Why? Why? D had graduation work so the kidlets and I had "he-who's" for dinner and hung out. I hosted at the Hive - yes, I had scheduled Friendly Fire who ROCK - but again WHY do I do this to myself? Thankfully my SLfriends again were forgiving... (small worry creeps in about using up all my chances). Brutal dust storm hit today. Does wind add to frantic"ness"?

Thursday: The event. Leave for work at 6:30 am. Drive behind the scenes at the zoo :) Pray for serenity now and the right words to supernaturally happen (yes it DOES work! HOO!) Success Success Success. 65 attendees, 35 trained, only minor technical glitches. WHEW!Celebrate by driving across the Valley to get a new Blackberry. And... OMG! It was only in the 70's today and we had rain! There SOOOOO is a God!

Friday: D heads out at 5:30 am to get the last minute thank you flowers for kids' teachers. A MUST for the last day of school. (Thank those teachers please!!). Half day of work for me with about 3 wardrobe changes because I am too exhausted to make basic decisions. Come home in time to join the St*rbrooks crowd for a sidewalk dance party and then round my RL crew up again for 1 last celebration - Rachel's dance beach party at preschool. Rain, rain, and more rain. It is like liquid gold for Phoenicians. MMMMMM. Yes, weather makes a difference. It helped to have it rain. I ran in to host at The BeeHive - late yet again but thankfully to understanding owner and had a successful event still.

Serenity Now! Serenity Now! Serenity Now! My butt is sooooo not leaving this couch much today. I don't care if D spends the entire day snoozing it up and all the kids run amuck. Cheers to teamwork and forgiveness and supportive family and good friends. My la vida loca couldn't happen without you. And yes, it goes without saying, I MUST reserve the title of "Crazymaker" for me. At least we never cease to get a lot accomplished :) I would hate for anyone who knows me to say they were bored. Mmmmmmwwwwaaah! (a.k.a. big kisses to all those who know me and put up with me)

4 comments:

bigd Flanagan said...

Serenity Now..........Insanity later

I am a recovering rageaholic...my name is big:)

Me said...

Is it wrong that I imagined avi heads popping off like champagne tops?

ROFL!

:) Congrats, Kim.

But.

I must say, I never had any doubt you'd make it through without a hitch.

Parker said...

Funny Blissie, i was imagining the same thing.

So glad y'all mad it through and in tact on the other side. Now time to just be and be with each other while breathing.

I will call off the men in the white coats ~~ for now.

Let's go shopping and forget everything.

Kimala said...

mmmm shopping? Hoo!

Yes - it did make that noise btw - that champagne cork popping noise :) Fortunately we found em again and were able to put them back on! :)