Saturday, June 7, 2008

A Cute Chick Flick Worth Renting

I have gone a long time without seeing movies in the theater that weren't of the cartoon/kid genre. I would be lying if I told you I didn't miss seeing movies I would choose. I love them. I love the escape. I love the tingles and getting swept away for just a few hours. I love being a part of a world that is bigger and more glamourous... just for a little while.

I wouldn't say this movie is one of those by any stretch of the imagination but it is cute. It will make you smile. I might get you a good snuggle or a second date. It might make you feel old too - just so you know what you are getting into - since they make fun of how old the 1980's pop genre is and how goofy women are who are attending a high school reunion from the Class of 1987. (cough cough)

Needless to say... Hugh Grant has those cute dimples you just can't resist and Drew Barrymore is so fun and scattered and loveable. I mostly posted this for myself. I want to be able to enjoy it on command. Thank you again YouTube! Hoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you gave this a decent review. I was debating whether to see it in the DVD store the other day, and the guy who worked there said it wasn't worth it. Now I think I might see it after all. I like Drew, and she does cute about as well as it can possibly be done.