Wednesday, July 2, 2008

What?? Work??


I interupt this stay-cation series for some updates on my previous weekend in SL. Back in March I went to my first U2inSL concert and was swept away literally by a dance with Bono. Silly, I know. They aren't real. But it was fun. The head of the security crew became a friend. She asked if I might be interested some time in working one of the shows. I was flattered and excited - even if it meant spending my time in no-prim hair - YIKES! She invited me to her private estate on Dragon Moon about 2 weeks ago to orient me and create a security pass. I had a flashback at the time to my no prim experience and a hint at what was to come in the future. She directed me to remove all prims. She offered me about 6 no-prim hairdos. We both laughed and she gave me the name, Robin Sojourner, who creates low/no-prim hair in case I wanted to shop before the event. I took that as a hint LOL!

I learned new things about the SL Release Candidate. First and foremost - it seems to work much better than the current version of SL! I learned new shortcuts for things from my security team leader, XL. And, I revisited my skill set of stopping people in their tracks and asking them to change their behavior, politely of course! LOL (Yes, I did used to teach high school!) I shared my new prim counting skills with Blissie:

Me: OMG - 6928 prims on one girl here!! crazy! :) lol
Blissie Boucher: What's she wearing..her house ?
Me: ROFL - a dress - a short dress - but with stuff around the bottom ofthe skirt and neck
Blissie Boucher: Jeez.
Me: she should wear a red flag warning :) "sim crasher"
Blissie Boucher: ROFL



Don't' I look like I could bust anyone at a moment's notice in this shot? :) LOL.

I have 2 clips I'll share for those of you willing to indulge in some U2. The first is of the U2inSL concert that was back in March. They have really perfected the art of concerts - and security. It is a science. Hats off to the team!
The second is of the RL U2 band performing in Chicago. I love them. Sorry - I couldn't resist sharing it too!

And... I'll close with just sharing there still is nothing like a dance with Bono. I was there both days and enjoyed watching the excitement each day of the girls that were chosen to dance with him. Pixelated or not... he's still... Bono ;)

3 comments:

bigd Flanagan said...

Thanks for sharing your side job with us. It looks cool and you looked oh so professional. The U2 in SL thing is cool. Can't wait to see what other bands can get it going also.

I'm holding out to be one of the Hell's Angels at Altamont. Now there is a gig to sink your teeth into....

You keep doing cool stuff and share with us please.

Me said...

I can't prim comment..my moo is the prim bandit, it appears..rofl!

:) it's cool to have a fun job in sl.

Pst. Can I get backstage passes to meet Bono?

Kimala said...

next time I am dragging you both with me. :) you can meet the band and get autographs afterward! Woot!