Thursday, April 17, 2008

EEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKK

Ok. I was chastised for not being brave enough yesterday. Late at work. Only one left in the office. Out in the hall... Outside my office door... was a bug. Not just a bug - but a bug-like-spider-like-scorpion thing.

This, frankly, haunts me at night.

I saw one about a year ago or more in our building and was horrified then. The post traumatic stress has not yet left me. At the time though, I was rescued by a brave colleague of mine, of the male variety, who promptly rescued me from my terror and smushed it.

But I digress (although it does give you a good historical perspective on my fear based reaction)...

I killed it. I smushed it with my shoe. My high heeled brown closed toe shoes. It stuck to the bottom. I had a hard time getting it off. I had my face scrunched up the entire time and was internally screaming with all my might.

Please keep in mind - I am fairly brave when it comes to spiders and bugs and mice - but my strategy is to vacuum them up. Then, no part of my body, or thing touching my body has to in anyway be a part of the smushing process. Unfortunately a vacuum was NOT an option.

So - I personally refuse to post a picture - but I will refer you to the picture online - a cross between a spider and a scorpion. Please feel free to be terrified along with me. I would welcome reassurance that I am not alone in my terror. I would also welcome your praise of my personal battle with this bug/spider/whatever.

They say with all the rain we had in Arizona this past winter (note "all the rain" really isn't THAT much) that we can expect a higher than normal scorpion and mosquito season. I look forward with great fear in my heart to that and all it brings.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

3 comments:

bigd Flanagan said...

Ok hun, i read this to the entire assembled family minus one obstinate 4 year old male and the general consensus was YUCK!! The image is grotesque, to be sure. Personally, but not professionally, I would recommend an aerosol can and a lighter. Burn insectoid mf'er!! Who rules this planet biatches.......

Me said...

Ewwwwwwwwwww.

Kim..just move.

Quit the job..

Move away.

ROFL!

But..I have run screeching out of the ladies room because of those huge..waterbug things (the big ones..that can fly..and what if they get into your hair or on your skin and eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee).

:) God bless brave male co-workers.

Only thing they're good for.

Well..that and reaching the stuff in the high filing cabinets.

ROFL !

Kimala said...

My colleague of the male variety who has an office right next door to me often says the bugs walk past his office and just drop dead they are so afraid of him. It might be true. But, I do think the exterminator has something to do with it.

Bliss - my only question remaining is - are my shoes forever contaminated? The spider/bug/thingy is gone but the images are burned in my memory.

D - If I lit it on fire, then I would be in trouble with the university. I think fire usage must be reserved for the male colleague as well.

Eeeek!