Thursday, May 29, 2008

How Many Days Off Does It REALLY Take?

So today I went back to work. I have had a really weird few weeks between traveling for work and being gone almost a week and then back to an action packed week with an event and family craziness... THEN an EXTRA long Memorial Day weekend. My schedule is out of whack. I might have forgotten how to have complete thoughts and actually finish a group of tasks in an organized fashion from a desk. I most definitely have forgotten the hideous commute - that really wasn't so hideous today (should I actually see the gas prices as a blessing in disguise for my commute time???).

I missed my blogging time today though. I missed my time to explore all the blogs I had begun to keep up with and comments I leave. I missed my SL exploration time. Did you notice a SEVERE drop in the SL economy? You KNOW the market was severely hurt by me not having high quality shopping time :) Hopefully Parker and Blissie were willing to help me out on that front. I think Jenda is too busy building her business to devote quality time to shopping so I won't ask her to have carried that torch for me today.

Today was also the first REAL day BigD had full charge of all 4 yahoos. Yes, this is something that happens every summer. He does it well. I hear they played in the sprinklers and played games online. We are having another barbeque dinner tonite. I tell ya there is something to this whole Mr. Mom thing I could so get used to! The thought of only getting myself out the door in the morning with clothes that match, and hair that looks ok is beyond easy. It is as if Staples gave me the easy button to push and life is good again.

But I'm tired tonite. I won't lie. I went in to work early thinking that meant I would leave early and really I left late. I have to discipline myself better to get out the door early on the back end of the day if I am going to start early. I don't really have to have a 9 or 10 hour work day, right? I CAN turn the achieve, achieve off and be ok, right?

I had been home so many days in a row the kids thought I had left on a business trip when I talked to them on the phone this morning. Have I scared my babies for life? Poor things! All in all, I guess it is good to go back at the end of the week. Anyone can suck it up to do 2 days and then have a weekend right? (read again repeat, read again repeat is the mantra I will practice).

Happy soon-to-be Friday everyone! I'll have better blogger thoughts tomorrow... promise! I'll leave you with this little goodie - couldn't pass it up :)




There's a 50% Chance That You Need Therapy



If you think you need therapy, you probably do. But there's a good chance you don't.

Like everyone else, you have your fair share of problems. And unlike most people, you're fairly good at solving them yourself.

1 comment:

bigd Flanagan said...

I got a 41% need for therapy. Who sponsors that link anyway? or am I being paranoid? I might need some help....