Monday, May 12, 2008

Road Trip

I'm off today to PBS Land... you may scratch your head and wonder what that is. Not PBS headquarters - we refer to that as the mothership (heehee). Instead, a giant conference that shares the latest greatest in programming. Yawn? Well pinch yourself and wake up!

What could be more fun than dinner with Super Why? Or breakfast with Sesame Street? If you aren't jealous - find a little person aged 6 or younger and just ask them what they think :)

Nora Jones made an appearence not too long ago. There are lots of reasons I love PBS - but humor me for a minute and watch.

This one though, will always be one of my favorites. Humor me again and watch. Not a bad take on this song, eh? (Yes again I am reminded of how old I am enjoying the Spin Doctors).


Hope your Monday is good! Today, has been brought to you by the letter "Y" and the number 5 (5 hour drive to PBS land). Hoo!

5 comments:

bigd Flanagan said...

Counting the minutes, with a nod to the Count, until your return!!

Signed,
The Fab Four + 1

Me said...

Bring me back a pen!

And a cookie!

Parker said...

Hey, my favorite letter of the alphabet is Y. The reason I could not join the military. : )

You enjoy yourself and hurry home to that Fab Fam.

Kimala said...

pens :) at PBS land the freebies flow like water! it is a teacher dreamland (do I still qualify as a teacher?) I'm suffering horribly from mom-guilt - our youngest got really sick with his asthma. We even discussed whether I would drive home or not. :( But - there is not much I could do that D wasn't.

So - the letter Y kept you out of the military? THAT sounds like a blog post in the making.

Bliss - my pockets will be extra full of cookies and other stuff just for you :) heehee

Bradley said...

I've never been happy since Elmo came around. Nothing against him, but it took empahsis away from my two favorites: Grover and especially Cookie Monster.

I LOVED the Nora Jones one. It was priceless.

Did you ever see when Saturday Night Live did the song and dance number for PBS, singing "PBS! PBS! We’re not stuffy, no, we’re not stuffy, no, we’re not stuffy anymore!"

I searched all over the net but can't find it. It's a classic.

Come back soon!