Sunday, July 13, 2008

SNL... Good for a laugh the next day.. .even a week later... on a rerun!

NBC's Saturday Night Live is totally worth staying up for again. Even the reruns make me laugh - and I think that must be the true test of humor... if you can laugh through it the second or third time. The only thing that bums me out is I have to laugh alone because everyone else is asleep so I find myself giggling in bed while those around me snore. Ok.. so it was a little more than a giggle - it was a big laugh out loud. The whole show went along these lines... as good or better than this preview!



See what you think. Would this make you laugh? Yes, I was a captive audience with Jon Bon Jovi as the host - but honestly - the writing and the sketches were great. I'm still looking for the opening sketch to share. I blame it for drawing me in.

Also there are these shorts now on SNL. 9 out of 10 times they are hillarious. They are so absurd you have to laugh. Laughter and violence? Is that some odd oxymoron of therapy? Oh well... throw it into the odd tossed salad mix that is my blogger post today.



And... honestly... how can you NOT love this amazing voice and beautiful lyrics and beyond handsome singing man? Sigh... :) I couldn't embed so you have to promise you'll click through and take a look and a listen - YouTube - Bon Jovi - Someday I'll be Saturday Night.
Read the lyrics...
Bon Jovi Lyrics
Someday I'll Be Saturday Night Lyrics
The acoustic version from SNL is just as great a sound, or even better than the original from '95. But - the words, and the video content from '95 has huge connection for me to the hardships people are facing now in 2008. Cheers to the video and music and technology that archives our 21st Century lives and connects us. Reminds me really of what a pendulum history is. The old is new again. The struggle is universally human. And... ultimately... laughter and music and prayer carries us through... every time. Don't worry- you're safe - I won't embed "Livin on a Prayer" ;)

1 comment:

bigd Flanagan said...

Ok you did it. I'm thinking of the 5 people I'd like to clock in SL. This has to be an animation in development! Pleeaasseee...