Friday, February 22, 2008

W.I.I.F.M.?

What's in it for me? On a Friday afternoon, this crazy SLife is sounding like a nice place to be. Quick - someone carry me away!

Too old to be wild and free still
Too young to be over the hill
Should I try to grow up
But who knows where to start
So I just ...
Sit right here and have another beer in Mexico
Do my best to waste another day
Sit right here and have another beer in Mexico
Let the warm air melt these blues away

-Kenny Chesney


The best part about Mexico (Puerto Penasco a.k.a. Rocky Point) is you forget what time it is, you enjoy the warm sand, the good food, the cheap beer, and you just laugh and relax. The rest of the world melts away. Even if it is only for a few days, you get away. Even our little ones enjoy the escape from the craziness of RL when we go. No shoes needed. Bathing suits and flip flops are always in fashion. Meals are more like snacks because everyone simply spends their day snacking. Sand invades everything. Your soul breathes and your skin soaks up the warm sun and salty air.

I haven't found a SIM yet on SL that totally replicates what we have found in Mexico just yet. Perhaps there is an idea in the making there... tidepools for catching little hermit crabs, spear fishing, crazy banana boat rides, margaritas so big you could swim in them, and just places to relax and enjoy. Oh yeah... and Thrify ice cream :) Cheap, mmmmm ice cream.

Happy Friday afternoon!

2 comments:

bigd Flanagan said...

/hoo to that Banana Boat. That thing rocked. Anything that can make son#2 clamp up and be humble works! That deserves another /hoo!I've always loved Mexico: as a young teen, a young lion of a surfer okay another /hoo for that, and as a Dad. It's a great place where everyone is grateful in a lot of ways. You can wear sunglasses everyday so as not to be bothered by GLARE... If you cop a superior attitude keep your ass at Fast food land, if you can dig another vibe and 99 cent shrimp tacos, please come on down! Shrimp tacos? One last /hoo for that too!

Me said...

I like Mexico.

If there's tequila..

Can I come too?