Friday, March 7, 2008

Deep Thought for a Friday

"I've got this theory that there's two types of people in this world. There are lyric people and there are music people. You know the lyric people tend to be analytical, all about the meaning of the song. They're the ones you see with the CD insert out like 5 minutes after buying it, pouring over the lyrics, interpreting the hell out of everything. Then there's the music people... who could care less about the lyrics as long as it's got a good beat and you can dance to it. I don't know, sometimes it might be easier to be a music girl and not a lyric girl. But since I'm not, just let me say this: Sometimes things find you when you need them to find you. I believe that, and for me it's usually song lyrics."

I am a self-proclaimed lyric person. Gotta have good music with it - but in the end the lyrics always get me. Just had to share that thought with you and ask you which you are. Also - share some lyrics with you that found their way to me this morning.

It's been a long week. Being sick and missing work always seems to make the week longer, I think. But, I must say, it is nice to be back in the rhythm of my commute. I know, you think the sickness has infected by brain and affected my thinking, BUT my commute time is my think time. It is the time when I let the music fill the car at decibles that are bad for my hearing. It is the time when I sing really really good :) because no one else can hear me. It is the time when I think about what to blog. It's my own space within the little walls of my Honda Civic.

I heard the best half-full song that I was reminded of again today on my way in. I was feeling sorry for myself driving to work and thinking how much I preferred to be home in bed. If you are feeling half-empty, you might search up this song, and play it very very loud. Maybe even consider putting it on a tape-loop. :D And... btw... even if you aren't a "little girl," I would bet the lyrics still apply. See what you think...

"Hey, don’t write yourself off yet
It’s only in your head you feel left out
And looked down on

Just try your best
Try everything you can
And don’t you worry what they tell themselves
When you’re away

It just takes some time, little girl
In the middle of the ride
Everything, everything will be just fine
Everything, everything will be alright, alright

Hey, you know they’re all the same
You know you’re doing better on your own
So don’t buy in

Live right now
Yeah, just be yourself
It doesn’t matter if it’s good enough
For someone else

It just takes some time, little girl
In the middle of the ride
Everything, everything will be just fine
Everything, everything will be alright, alright

It just takes some time, little girl
In the middle of the ride
Everything, everything will be just fine
Everything, everything will be alright, alright

Hey, don’t write yourself off yet
It’s only in your head you feel left out
Or looked down on

Just do your best
Do everything you can
And don’t you worry what their bitter hearts
Are gonna say

It just takes some time, little girl
In the middle of the ride
Everything, everything will be just fine
Everything, everything will be alright, alright

It just takes some time, little girl
In the middle of the ride
Everything, everything will be just fine
Everything, everything will be alright, alright…”
-Jimmy Eat World, Lyrics to The Middle

Happy Friday!

3 comments:

Joonie said...

Great post and great lyrics for this beautiful Friday morning. :)

I am definitely a lyrics person. It helps if it has good music to back it up, but I'm all about the lyrics.

That's why I love John Mayer. To me, he is the best of both!

Who are your faves, Kimala?

Hope you're feeling better..
JJ

bigd Flanagan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimala said...

Thanks Joonie :) I'm on the mend - back in the RL full time ;) (is that a good thing?)

I find that it depends on my mood whether it is the lyrics that capture me or the music. I'm a John Mayer lover most definitely! I also like Sarah McLachlan and Alanis Morissete for their lyrics, and older Elton John.